Thursday, April 26, 2012

Kinda... Romantic.

It was the end of a crazy weekend. Friends, music, sun... Everything seemed so perfect, it was almost a pity to end.
She was lying on the bed with her eyes closed, even though she wasn't sleeping. She was so beautiful that way, so in peace with everything around her. Her hair, all messed up from an evening on the beach, were reflecting the orange light of the setting sun. God... It was like having everything I ever wanted at the tips of my fingers. Her lips were whispering the lyrics of the song that was playing on the radio. I could easily gaze at this picture my entire life.
Then, she opened her eyes. I've made no sound until then, but I could swear she already knew I was there. She looked at me and smiled. Her smile could melt all the ice in the universe... I felt so lucky... So lucky I got the chance to have this angel in my life. Sometimes I would feel it was too much...
I realized what I was doing up until she opened her eyes and felt so silly I blushed. She smiled once more and closed her eyes again. I placed myself next to her. I could feel her breath, her heart beating... The warmth of her skin. She moved towards me and put her head on my shoulder. Finally, she broke the silence: "I knew you were gazing. I felt your presence long before you even knew I was awake. It's really sweet... and kind of romantic, you know..."
I could hide in a cave for the rest of time. I was so embarrassed… Why did I have to stand there an stare at her like that?.. The craziest thing was that she didn’t think it was weird. She actually thought it was cute.
She took my hand into hers and kissed it, while making a "puurrring" sound. She always knew how to manipulate me.
From that moment on, I was enslaved by her golden eyes. She kissed my neck, then my lips... I was unable to move. I wanted to hold her like this all night. I pressed myself even closer to her, making clear that I didn't want to leave. Ever.
The next morning I woke up and found her gazing at me. She was right. It was really sweet. And... Kinda Romantic.

No comments:

Post a Comment